Gregory Brooks is a Senior Lecturer in the Architectural Engineering program at the University of Texas at Austin (2001+) as well as a founding partner at BMH Design Studio.
At U.T., he is responsible for a 2-semester required design-studio sequence in the Architectural Engineering program, which focuses on preliminary design concepts for integrated architectural, structural, energy and MEP systems in buildings. He also directs the UT Study Abroad summer-program in London, England, titled: ‘Emerging Technologies’.
Professional experience includes working in nationally-acclaimed architecture firms for 15 years. In 2001 he opened his own design firm, specializing in modern homes and small-commercial projects. In 2011 he joined forces with Patrice Mailloux-Huberdeau to form BMH Design Studio in Austin, Texas.
Gregory Brooks earned his Master of Architecture degree from The University of Texas at Austin in 1995. He also studied architecture at Lawrence Technical University in Detroit and engineering at The University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
• Design integration of: architecture / engineering / energy / construction.
• Contemporary architectural engineering design.
• Advanced architectural geometry.
• 3-D computer design and analysis tools.
• Sustainable design strategies related to building form, materials and facade technology.
Additional information and images: www.utgb.info